DIGITEX has finalized the modernization of the E-SECURITY project, involving electronic services for the residents of Podlaskie Province in Poland. Main goal of the project was to build a modern and reliable public warning system. System using two communication protocols: IP and digital radio transmission. In addition, the newly implemented system will also allow for broadcasting live voice messages via electronic sirens for every level of Crisis Management (CMC) in this province.
General priorities for E-SECURITY project included:
- integration with existing E-Security system, including map engine and old electro-mechanical sirens,
- additional transmission protocols using digital radio communication and Internet,
- allowing for additional users that can use the warning system via IP or digital radio (mainly in city and province CMC),
- possibility of broadcasting live voice messages through electronic sirens from CMC and possibility of using text-2-speech technology in the future.
The project mainly included the delivery of:
- 20 sets of DSE electronic sirens (1200 W each) with FDMA radios, which inform residents with loud sounds or voice messages,
- 25 sets of RDP Radio Access Points to ensure the coverage of FDMA digital radio communication in the whole province. In addition, they acting as servers in the digitexCZK/IP® system through IP (VPN) encrypted communication,
- upgrade and implementation of 23 sets of digitexCZK/IP® dispatching software to allow quick control of the notification system.